What is the best baby activity center?
A baby activity center makes an excellent toy for a baby. They have all sorts of things to explore and encourage new skills.
They also make excellent baby shower gifts for first time momma’s!
You can start putting your baby in around 6 months of age, giving them a chance to experience standing a solo-play.
Best overall: LeapFrog Little Office Learning Center
“Play in Explore, Learn and Music modes to hear first words, greetings and music from around the world and role-play conversations with Scout.”
Best runner up: VTech GearZooz 2-in-1 Jungle Friends Gear Park
“Mix and match all the gears from GearZooz playsets for an exciting way to be creative while exploring how gears work together. Connect the multi-colored gears on different poles to build motor skills and discover the best ways to get all the gears to move.”
Best wooden: Manhattan Toy Tree Top Adventure Activity Center
“Play is discovery and exploration, and joy, and growth, and learning, and so much more. And for us play is serious work. So, when we bring play to life, we do it with a commitment to the finest in craftsmanship and creativity.”
“This musical learning table can flash soft lights and play classic. Baby can explores sounds, songs and instruments such as the piano and drum.”
Best with detachable legs: LeapFrog Learn and Groove Musical Table
“Filled with fun musical features and exciting activities, the Learn & Groove Musical Table encourages hours of exploration for babies and toddlers.”
“The first of its kind, this activity center engages your child through air powered play. This developmental toy promotes visual development, tactile processing, fine and gross motor skills, and problem solving.”
Best water activity table: Step2 Rain Showers Splash Pond Water Table
“The two-tier design creates a showering splash below! Just scoop up water from the pond and pour into the top tray to make it rain. Watch as the rainfall activates the maze-like spinners and ramps, a great way to show a cause and effect relationship.”
Best versatile: Melissa & Doug Jungle Activity Table
“This hands-on multi-activity table keeps kids 12 months and older engaged and entertained, while encouraging important developmental skills.”
“Keep little ones busy from tiny to toddler with a 2-in-1 play space that transforms from an entertainer to an activity table.”
- This first desk for little ones features a laptop, phone, globe and more with 27 electronic touch points for exciting imitative play
- Play in Explore, Learn and Music modes to hear first words, greetings and music from around the world and role-play conversations with Scout
- Open the laptop and start working on learning shapes and animals by pressing the buttons to reveal animals on the screen
- Hear ten songs and greetings from around the world by spinning the light-up globe
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish, hear more than 180 songs, melodies, sounds and phrases
Have your child learn about greetings from around the world, shapes, animals, numbers and opposites. This is all possible with the desk that includes a globe, laptop and phone.
Crayon piano keys are there to make music fun!
Ages 6 months- 3 years
Good for: Standing or sitting.
- Turn the gears on the 2-in-1 activity center to hear music, songs and animal sounds
- Spin the three adorable Smart Gear animals on the stage to hear playful melodies and responses while watching an exciting light show
- Move the slider to explore five interactive gear play modes: Colors & Numbers, Concert Time, Instrument Fun, Animal Jam Time and Guessing Game Time
- Five brightly colored piano keys introduce colors, numbers and musical instruments
- Turn the table over and connect the 16 gears for mix and match creative play.
This activity table features gears, colors and numbers, instrument fun and animal jam time.
Perfect for exploring melodies and responses as well as get motivated to stand up on their own!
Ages 18 months- 4 years
Good for: Standing, sitting. Inlcudes option for tilting.
- Hands-on learning fun: The tree top adventure wooden toddler toy is packed full of motor skill activities. Your little one won't even know they're practicing their fine and gross motor skills as they investigate all of the features.
- Activity center features: with gliders, springy flaps, spinning dials, bead runs, and shape recognition, classic toddler activities are packed tightly into this motor skill developmental toy. When toddlers are engaged and happy, so are their caregivers.
- The details matter: colorful, highly detailed graphics abound on this activity stand, with a bright palette to instantly capture and hold your little one's attention. While exploring all of the activity features, the tree top adventure will send imaginations to the clouds.
- Wooden toy for toddlers
No batteries, flashing lights or loud sounds are included in this activity table. Made to inspire imagintave play and built to last-
The Manhattan Toy Tree Top activity table is sure to be a hit!
Ages 12 months – 5 years
Good for: Standing and hands on learning.
- Music&Light: This musical learning table can flash soft lights and play classic. Baby can explores sounds, songs and instruments such as the piano and drum.
- Learning & educational: This musical learning table has tricolor gear, alphanumeric book, lion mirror, mini piano, rotary wheel, drum。Baby can learn number, letter, shape, pattern, color, sound and light by it. It's a good educational toy for baby.
- More Ways to Use: It can be put any flat place or tied in the baby basket or baby bed for kids to play. It can adjust the volume. 3*AA battery (not included) is required when the music learning table is used.
This activity table can be used 3 ways:
- Flat mode for floor
- Standing mode
- Suspension mode for car or crib
Encourage music, learning and curiosity with the mini piano, alphanumeric book and lion mirror.
Good for: Standing, sitting, car or crib.
- Colorful instruments and buttons activate a variety of 70+ songs, tunes, and learning responses
- Introduces numbers, letters, shapes, colors and more
- Explore sounds, songs and instruments such as the piano and drum
- Includes classic children's tunes such as "old MacDonald" and "Itsy Bitsy spider."
Introduce colors, shapes, numbers, letters and sounds with this educator approved activity table 🙂
Flip between music mode or learning mode. Help your baby explore fine motor skills by pressing, sliding or pulling musical instruments.
Ages 6 months- 3 years
Good for: Sitting, standing.
- Unique design: First of its kind, this activity center engages your child (6 months or older) through air powered play
- 3-In-1 fun: floor play for babies learning to sit, table play Perfect for learning to stand and walk, and game play that helps encourage development
- Developmental toy: promotes visual development, tactile processing, fine and gross motor skills, and problem solving
- Multiple activities: from fun fish tail flips to spinning starfish, floating sea creatures and more, there's always something fun to play
- Award WINNING: WINNER of a 2020 JPMA Innovation Award in play and entertainment category
This activity is the first of its kind- engage your child through air power play!
The Lamaze Airtivity Table promotes visual development, tactile processing, fine and gross motor skills, and problem solving.
Good for: Sitting, standing.
- This kids’ water table will create a mini water park right in your backyard! Use the large bucket to scoop up water from the pond and pour into the top waterfall tray. Watch as the rainfall effect is activated as the water splashes into the pond!
- As the waterfall drains back into the water table pond, maze-like spinners, ramps and buckets are activated! Rearrange the put-and-place maze pieces to create new waterfalls for fun cause and effect STEM play
- Kids can make a spinning splash in the “rain” with the hand-held spinning wheel and use the side flipper to flip figures back into the pond!
Help promote STEM play with cause and effect actions by switching the maze pieces. As the waterfall drains back into the water table pond, maze-like spinners, ramps and buckets are activated!
This activity table will last a long time- my 7 year old still loves playing with it with her siblings 🙂
Ages 18 months- 8 years
- Baby toy develops multiple skills: The Melissa & Doug First Play Jungle Wooden Activity table features 8 different hands-on activities to help build important developmental skills, including fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Sturdy wooden baby toy: to ensure stability, safety, and longevity, This jungle-themed play table is made from sturdy wood and features high quality materials
- Jungle-themed activity play table: Our wooden table for kids features bright colors, bold patterns, and a whimsical design. The attached pieces are designed to turn, roll, flip, spin, slide, and more.
Featuring 8 different hands on activities, this activity table with build important developmental skills (not to mention keep baby occupied!)
The jungle theme offers bright colors, bold patterns and a whimsical feel, making it a cute addition to any play room.
Ages 12 months- 6 years
Good for: Standing, sitting.
- This entertainer is loads of fun from babies to toddlers! The baby activity center transforms into a stand and play activity table for an older child's use.
- Includes 6 engaging toys with light up buttons and musical effects
- This activity center has three height positions to grow and adjust from baby to toddler
Keep little ones busy from baby to toddler with a 2-in-1 play space that transforms from an entertainer for baby to an activity table for a toddler!
Babies can spin in a whole circle while exploring 6 engaging toys including light up buttons that activate music and sound effects.
After baby grows into toddlehood, transform the entertainer into a stand-and-play activity table with three rolling animal pals.
Ages 4 months- 5 years
Good for: Standing, sitting, solo-play.
Are activity centers good for babies?
Activity centers are good for babies because they give babies a chance to explore new skills and sensations while giving caregivers a much needed break. Just be aware of leaving your baby in for extended periods of time- babies need to figure out their own center of gravity by pulling themselves up to standing and crawling lots too.
When can a baby start using an activity center?
Around 6 months of age.
As long as your baby can hold their head up and stand solidly, they are ready for an activity center.
What are good activities for infants?
- Listening- try speaking or singing to your baby in different voices or pitches and watch their reaction.
- Tracking– use a colorful ball or toy and get your baby to keep watching as you move it slowly around.
- Dancing– put on some music and gently dance around with your baby (making sure to support their head!)
- Mimicking– see how many things your baby can copy you doing. Try clapping, patting the table or touching your nose.
- Kicking– place some tissue paper under couch cushions so that it hangs down. Place your baby on their back so they can kick the tissue paper.
- Tummy time– tummy time strengthens your baby’s back and neck and encourages early play.
- Testing textures– let your baby touch a few different toys with different textures or put some sand, beans or rice in a closed plastic bag for safe sensory play.