Best Convertible Mini Crib Options
The post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure at the bottom of the page.
If you’re searching for a mini crib, you probably have a smaller space that you need to fit a crib in. Or maybe you’re a grandparent wanting a small option for occasional sleep overs! Perhaps you’re wanting to save some money instead of buying a full size crib- you definitely can! A lot of convertible mini cribs even last all the way past toddlerhood!
If you’re curious or in a hurry:
It’s an awesome convertible mini crib that converts into a toddler bed, a day bed AND full size bed! (click here to read all the reviews and specs– always make sure to read the negative reviews too.)
If you can grab this mini crib for under $170- that’s a GREAT deal!
Which Convertible Mini Crib Is Best?
When it comes to mini cribs with the best reviews, these are the 6 best mini cribs. All are great options and very affordable!
Convertible Mini Cribs- Best Choices:
- Dream On Me Aden Convertible 4-in-1 Mini Crib (628-W) info page
- Dream On Me Addison 4 in 1 Convertible Mini Crib (633-E) info page
- DaVinci Alpha Rocking Mini Crib (M0598) info page
- Dugger 2-in-1 Portable Folding Mini Convertible Crib (682-E) info page
- Dream On Me Casco Convertible 3 in 1 Mini Convertible Crib and Changer Combo (630-E) info page
- Delta Children Folding Portable Mini Crib (4470-604) info page
Mini Crib Uses
Let’s start with HOW/WHERE you are going to use your mini crib. That will help narrow the choice down significantly!
Best For Small Spaces
- 3 position mattress support system. Solid pine wood finish.
- Cribs converts into a daybed and twin size bed. Twin Size Rail (sold separately) Bed frame, Bedding and Mattress not included.
- All tools for assembly included. Assembled Dimensions: 39Lx28Wx37H. Product Weight: 40 lbs. Weight Capacity: 50 lbs.
- Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards. Meet the CPSC and ASTM standard.
- Packaging not good.
- Instructions not clear.
- Paint may chip.
- Strong smell.
- Perfect size for a small space.
- Easy assembly.
- Beautiful finish.
Best For Twins
If you’re having twins and wondering “can my twins sleep in the same crib?” The answer is “yes” but only for a short time. They’ll sleep well together for a short time but then quickly grow. Soon it will be time to separate them because they’ll start to wake each other up.
Many parents who are having twins opt for 2 convertible mini cribs to save money and space.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified: We’ve tested this product for over 10,000 chemicals! It helps improve indoor air quality, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play and grow. DaVinci is one of very few brands that offer this certification; QUALITY MATERIAL: Made of solid sustainable New Zealand pinewood and TSCA compliant engineered wood -only the best for your baby
- 4-in-1 CONVERTIBILITY: Designed to save you the hassle (and extra money!) of buying multiple beds as your little one grows. It easily converts to a mini toddler bed, daybed, and twin-size bed (mini toddler kit #M20399 and twin-size kit #M4799 sold separately); MATTRESS COMPATIBILITY: While this crib fits any standard size mini crib mattress, it best fits with DaVinci’s line of firm comfort, GREENGUARD gold, waterproof mini mattresses
- GROWS WITH BABY: 4 adjustable mattress positions that you can lower as your baby begins to sit and stand. We’ve built this crib to withstand even the most active babies and toddlers and last through your child’s teen years; FOR YOUR BABY’S SAFETY: Say goodbye to toxic chemicals! Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting process and lead and phthalate safe. Rest assured knowing it exceeds ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- SPACE EFFICIENT: A mini crib is a great alternative for smaller spaces (such as parents’ bedroom & smaller apartments) or to store at grandparents’ house to make traveling back and forth easy for the whole family; COMPLETE THE LOOK: Shop Kalani 3-Drawer Dresser & 6-Drawer Dresser for a coordinated nursery
- BASSINET ALTERNATIVE: The American Pediatric Association recommends co-sleeping for the first 6 months. A mini crib is a more stylish alternative to a pack-n-play and a more long-term solution than a bassinet for keeping your baby closeby as you sleep
- Cheap quality.
- Arrived damaged.
- Paint chipped.
- Easy to assemble.
- Feels sturdy.
- Space saver.
This reviewer specifically mentioned that her two year old twins are STILL using their Davinci Kalani mini cribs!
Best With Wheels
- A smart and stylish alternative to a bassinet, providing a safe sleeping environment for your growing babe, from newborn to beyond 18 months
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified – screened for 360 VOCs and over 10,000 chemicals; Meets ASTM International and US CPSC Safety Standards
- Two adjustable mattress levels, solid mattress support; Standard US mini crib size
- Lead and phthalate safe with non-toxic finish; Includes 1″ mattress pad and four locking casters
- Made with sustainable New Zealand Pine Wood and TSCA Compliant MDF
- Difficult to assemble.
- Has a chemical odor.
- Arrived damaged.
- Easy to put together and fold down.
- Perfect size.
- Easy to assemble.
Best For Apartments
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from a baby crib to a twin size headboard (Bed Frame #0040, sold separately) | Available in Grey, Bianca White and Dark Chocolate
- MATTRESS INCLUDED: Includes a 24″W x 38″L x 2.75″H mattress
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 2 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: This crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM | Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- SIZE: Assembled Dimensions: 41.25″W x 25.75″D x 38.25″H | Easy assembly|
- Too small, better suited for a portable crib on vacation
- Simple, petite.
- Good for room sharing with your newborn.
- Easy to put together.
Best With Storage
- Cribs converts a daybed and twin size bed. Twin Size Rail each sold separately. Bed frame and Mattress not included. 1” Changing Pad Included
- Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards. ASTM and Meet the CPSC and ASTM standard
- All tools for assembly included
- 3 position mattress support system. Solid pine wood finish
- Detachable changing table Conversion kit sold separately
- Easy to assemble.
- Great value.
- Perfect size for small spaces.
- No size guide for crib mattress if you want to buy one.
- The paint is too shiny.
- Drawers aren’t easy to open.
- Changer is small.
- Too small.
- Arrived damaged.
Best With Changing Table
✅ The BEST Mini Cribs For Those On A Budget
Best Mini Crib Sheets
Most mini cribs will last until your child is 1 or 2 years old. Some parents opt for a convertible mini crib because they convert into a day bed and then a twin bed lasting quite some time.
A mini crib will last until your child is 1 or 2. Opt for a convertible mini crib to make it last well past the toddler years.
The only difference is size. Many parents opt for a mini crib to save space or use at a grandparents house.
A mini crib mattress is generally 24 inches wide by 38 inches long. A regular crib is 27 inches wide by 51 inches long.
Most mini cribs accommodate up to 2 years of age. Get a convertible mini crib to last past the toddler years.
The answer to this depends on what you are looking for. Mini cribs are generally smaller and less expensive while regular cribs are larger.