This DIY Vegan Lip Balm is made with healing shea butter, coconut oil and candelilla wax, this is the easiest vegan lip balm recipe without beeswax!
Making your own homemade lip balm is one of the best things you can do to save money for yourself. They also make great DIY gifts for friends and family!
I’ve been making my own vegan lip balm without beeswax for a few years now and have finally pared it down to 3 ingredients and less than 10 minutes to make.
Seriously, this DIY Vegan Lip Balm recipe is so EASY! It’s completely natural, organic and healing. You’re more than welcome to add an essential oil of your choice for a lovely scent but I find that the shea, coconut and candelilla wax leave a soft, subtle scent that’s really nice.
What’s In Vegan Lip Balm?
- Coconut oil– Keeps skin moisturized and helps heal wounds (like chapped or cracked lips.)
- Shea Butter– Anti-inflammatory, healing and skin softening properties.
- Candelilla Wax– Skin protective barrier agent that locks in moisture.
Here’s How To Make Homemade Vegan Lip Balm:
Start by adding all 3 ingredients to a microwave safe container (like a glass measuring cup) and heating either in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time or in a double boiler on the stove.
Once everything is completely melted (it will be clear with no flecks), add the essential oil if using and carefully pour into lip balm tubes and let them harden.
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp shea butter
- 1/2 tbsp candelilla wax
- 3-5 drops essential oil (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a glass jar. Melt by double boiling or placing in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Once melted, stir and add essential oils of your choice.
- Carefully pour into lip balm tubes.
- Let them harden, use as needed!
If you'd like a scent, add a few drops of an essential oil of your choice. Some ideas would be peppermint, vanilla, orange.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
LOOKING FOR MORE DIY IDEAS?